Whew! Finally got everything booked and now I know where I'll be when (I think :) Here is a basic itinerary of the trip:
Nov. 28
6:45 a.m. - Continental Airlines flight to Newark, NJ
12:15 p.m. - Direct flight to Beijing (also Continental - 13.75 hour flight)
Nov. 29 - Dec. 2 - Beijing Tour
Arrive Beijing at 3:00 p.m. on Nov. 29
staying at Novotel Peace Hotel
will see the Great Wall, Summer Palace, Tiannamen Square, Forbidden City, Peking Acrobats and more - it's jam-packed!
Dec. 2 - Fly to Nanning, Guangxi (capital city of Madeleine's province)
Dec. 3 - GOTCHA DAY!!! (Presto! I'm a mommy!)
Dec. 3-6 - Explore Nanning area, paperwork, shop for baby, etc.
Majestic Hotel in Nanning
Dec. 6 - take 4-hour bus to Guilin
Dec. 6-9 - Tour Guilin and Yangshuo area; Li River day cruise on Dec. 8
Bravo Hotel in Guilin (2 nights)
Yangshuo Paradise Hotel in Yangshuo (1 night)
Dec. 9 - Fly to Guangzhou (near Hong Kong)
Dec. 9-12 in Guangzhou - Victory Hotel
This is where the U.S. Consulate is - more paperwork here (U.S. side) - Baby has medical check, get baby's American Visa, etc.
Dec. 12 - "Swearing-In Ceremony" - then take train to Hong Kong
Spend night in Hong Kong -- "We're gonna stay at the Y-M-C-A"! (sing it now!) -- Yes, really -- although this is like no YMCA I've ever seen! (at least on the website)
Dec. 13, 11:25 a.m. - Fly HOME! - Hong Kong - Newark, NJ. (direct)
Arrive Newark at 1:50 p.m. on Dec. 13
Flight to Charlotte is at 6:15 p.m. - arrive CLT at 8:45 p.m.
May and Madeleine are HOME!
Dec. 13, 8:45 p.m. - Continental Flight #3068
Don't know what kind of shape we'll be in, but I'd love to have some friends/family greet us at the airport... that is, if our flight is not too delayed (I know it's a work/school night)
11.15.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
How exciting!!!
I lived in Hong Kong for years. The YMCA (if it's the Sudsbury) is akin to a 3-4 star hotel. Literally. It's right next to the Peninsula and the Star Ferry. If you are staying at the one near Jordan street, it's also nice with a great breakfast buffet. It's next to the Night Market. In any case, you probably won't notice any of it because you'll be too busy playing with baby!
I am flying the same time as you. In beijing but at the Beijing Huawei Commercial Apartment Hotel then I go to Henan Zoe day is Dec 3
CA also the 10th. I am staying at the Victory also. I hope we meet up. Good luck... Peace and happiness Bonnie
http://www.bringingzoehome.blogspot.com/
I am sure I knew your daughter was from Guangxi Prov. My daughter is too. You have joined the Guangxi Yahoo group right?
Beverly
sooo EXCITING!! I can't believe you leave NEXT WEEK!! Holy moly!
May - the YMCA Salisbury (I'm assuming that is where you will be) is great! I tried to book my extra night there when I traveled this past time but it was already booked solid. Tsim Tsa Tsui (TST) area of Hong Kong is a great place to be. If you need a quick, great, cheap breakfast - go to Deli France. It is a chain and you're bound to find them everywhere - I know there are a couple around Nathan Road. I think I told you I worked in Hong Kong before - every time I think about it - I miss it.
Hi, I found your blog through a China adoption link site. I wanted to wish you the best in your journey. My daughter has been with us five months now and I cannot imagine life without her. That will be you very soon! Best to you and safe travels.
May
Wishing you a wonderful journey to your baby girl. I can't wait to follow your journey- as another single mom with Harrah's I can't wait to hear about your wonderful adventures. Hopefully this time next year I will be following the same iterinary.
Best
Shannon Norrie
Post a Comment