7.19.2007

Getting Ready - Props to my sister, Julie

In my mind, in order to "get ready," I needed to do a lot of things around the house - things I wanted to get out of the way before I had my little one. Some big things, like deck repair & staining, rebuilding my toolshed, painting the house, etc. I've had those done along the way this past year. But I also had a LONG "Honey Do" list of things I didn't really want to have to hire someone to do but I certainly couldn't do myself! (and I don't currently have a "Honey"). So who ya gonna call? -- My sister, Julie, of course! She is the BEST "Honey Do" list person I know and has a broad range of skills in the home improvement department. She came for a long week-end last spring (May '06) and did ALL of the following:

-Installed a super-duper fancy closet and shelf system in the baby room! (LOVE it!!)
-Installed 3 new wood blinds AND the curtain rods in the baby room
-Prepared (trimmed) and installed two new porch screen doors
-Did some electrical work and installed a motion detector light on my porch/driveway (that she gave to me)
-Bought a ladder for me on one of her trips to Home Depot (I went several times, too!)
-Installed a garden hose reel on my deck

And all I had to do was serve lunch & take her to dinner! Bet you all are jealous :) THANK YOU again, Julie! I LOVE me some new baby closet and motion detector light (can't decide which is my favorite :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm just now reading this blog (way to go, May!) and if I had known I was gonna get such praise, I'd have looked for a few more things to do !
It was a fun "Honey Do" weekend (don't mind being a stand-in honey-do) and I'm just glad that I have a few skills that I can contribute. When the baby gets here, I shall remind you, May, that I am also a premier baby-sitter (made most of my teenager money that way.) We just need to find a few weekends that you need to get away and I am free to come!