5.19.2008

Fifteen Months - and Professional Photos

On Mother's Day, I took Madeleine (for the THIRD time!) to Portrait Innovations... we had more trouble getting good photos than I anticipated -- since she is smiling 95% of the time, I thought it would be a piece of cake! But Madeleine has also gotten more "clingy" lately (I guess it's the age), and she wouldn't stay put and just kept crawling (and crying) to me. Of course, there was a big camera and a strange person in her face, and this was the first time she had experienced this (well, the first time we went it was the first time! :) The second attempt was worse and we gave up after 20 minutes. So, one more try on Mother's Day afternoon... and she did great! (for the most part). Not only that, but Portrait Innovations ended up giving me ALL of the photos for free!! Long story, but basically they had "lost" two photos I had selected from the first visit and we were trying to get four good ones (it's more cost-effective the more you get, the way their packages work). I almost had a meltdown when they told me they had lost (or deleted) the first photos - and there was no way I was taking her for a fourth attempt any time soon. But even before I had started to "melt", they said I could just have what they took that day! I was disappointed that they had lost the ones in her baptism outfit (white Chinese dress), but they made up for it with their offer -- overall, these were much better photos. OK, enough of the story - below are the best ones (with a couple of silly ones thrown in). P.S. She had her 15-month check-up today and she now weighs 21 pounds and is 30-1/2". Pediatrician is very pleased with all of her growth/development.

This is my favorite, I think -- or the next one below.

She had to have her "kitty lovey" with her in ALL photos!

Love the pointed toes

Kissy face

She's into clapping hands these days

We took a goldfish break... she typically has to eat 3-4 at one time!

Someone I've never even met sent this beautiful dress to Madeleine! (another waiting to adopt - her sister had this dress with the "M" on it and it didn't fit her sister's child or something...)

Still not walking but VERY close!

After the goldfish were gone, we could not get the container away from her! (so it was in rest of the photos)

2 comments:

Mendy said...

She is beautiful! I am so glad you guys are doing well! Check out my updates on my blog.

Anne said...

Adorable pictures, and I love all her sweet little expressions:)