2.23.2009

Chinese New Year

We enjoyed going to two Chinese New Year's events this year, both in early February. One was the annual FCC event, and one was a group of friends (David & Lisa Smoots coordinated) who met for dinner at Shun Lee Palace. Below are a few photos from these events and also a few "random" photos taken in February, including the "Chocolate Cake Series", courtesy of Steve Copulsky. Steve brought this cake to Madeleine for her birthday (May was as excited as Madeleine!)

FCC Chinese New Year party (below)-- I bought several Chinese dresses like this when I was in China getting Madeleine, but this particular dress was given to her by Ting, a woman who worked as a nanny in the orphanage where Madeleine lived.

I did have tights and shoes on her, but she stripped out of those tights in a hurry so she could run around on the stage with the other kids!

The Bott Girls just before their performance at FCC New Year - that's Ruthie on the left and Grace on the right

Dance performance at FCC New Year's party - that is Ruthie second from right, and Grace is behind her (partially hidden)

Madeleine mostly ran around and went a little crazy at the Shun Lee dinner

Enjoying my serious chocolate cake from Steve... Guess this means a bath is in my future!

It's rather dangerous to play peek-a-boo while eating triple chocolate fudge cake!

I'm a lucky girl to have TWO birthday cakes! But it's logical- it's my 2nd Birthday after all!

No comments: