3.29.2009

Blizzard(s) of '09

Madeleine experienced her first snow in January - we had just a little dusting then. She was not too sure about it and kind of stood there - "frozen" (no pun intended!) when I put her down. It was pretty cold, too, so we weren't out long. Then we had another surprise "blizzard" (for Charlotte) of about 4" on March 1. She was a little more enthusiastic this time and was willing to walk around in it, but still didn't seem crazy about it and wanted me to pick her up pretty soon. Most of the photos in the slide show are from this second snow, starting with the fourth slide (of snow "scenery" photos). Other photos show Madeleine's predilection for HATS! She loves to put them on - but 99% of the time she puts them on backwards! Either this is her "style", or she has really bad luck with the odds of getting it on in the correct direction :) She likes to come into my room and get up on the bed, where she can reach the blue cap I have hanging on my bedpost - and it never fails to go on backwards! One of the "hats" below is actually a fabric bag (you'll see the straps) that she got as part of a birthday party favor... but she seemed to think it belonged on her head! Oh yes, and the shoe photos, taken just the other day... this is the first time she has tried on my shoes and clomped around in them - she handled the heels pretty well (scary!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello there to the girls! I can't believe that I have missed so much on your site. Where has the time gone? I just spent some time catching up - going all the way back to the pics at the lake. I loved all of them and baby M is absolutely cuter than ever. I know you must be in love with that munchkin! I think the bag on the head shows her fabulous taste - it matched her outfit beautifully. Hope to see you real soon - and I am so happy for both of you incredible girls. Love and kisses, Coatley
PS Now I know where to get a small pool that I don't have to blow up -Petsmart of all places!